MPSHome Alumni Calendar Contact
Social Workers & Psychologists

Every student at South High has a Social Worker to support them in their social-emotional growth. School Psychologists are also on staff to lend expertise in mental health matters. Make an appointment or stop in to see us on the second floor balcony. We are here for you!

Monday, October 10, 2022 8:45 AM
Complete an Application for Educational Benefits by Oct. 24.
Need and ID? Experiencing Homelessness?
Monday, October 3, 2022 9:25 AM

You are eligible for a no-cost standard Minnesota ID card if you are a Minnesota resident, 24 years old or younger and experiencing homelessness. This is not a driver's license and does not give you the authority to drive.

The Mobile Youth Outreach Center
Monday, October 3, 2022 9:20 AM
The Mobile Youth Outreach Center Van! (<----- Click for more information)
The van visits South High the second Tuesday of the month from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. They will be parked on 32nd Street by Door #1.
Text or call, we're mobile!
Monday, March 29, 2021 3:00 PM

 A. Bauers: 612.584.1148; A. Edwards-Madding: 612.888.2523; S. Harris: 612.405.8321; K.Fritz: 612.466.0468

Write it down
Monday, March 29, 2021 2:55 PM

Sometimes it's easier to write out your thoughts. Complete this form as another way to connect.

Mental Health Crisis Lines
Monday, March 29, 2021 2:50 PM

Child Mental Health: 612.348.2233 | National Suicide Hotline: 1.800.273.TALK 8255 | Crisis Text: Text MN to 741741 | and more.

Mental Health Therapists and Services
Monday, March 29, 2021 2:40 PM

We can guide you in the search for personal, long-term help. Until we can talk, you may wish to launch a search for resources here.

Get school supplies, clothing, food and more
Monday, March 29, 2021 2:30 PM

Forgot it, lost it or can't find it? Come to us for school supplies, clothing, food, and fees for sports, field trips, bus cards and testing.

Emergency needs
Monday, March 29, 2021 2:20 PM

When crisis situations arise, we can help locate emergency funds for food, rent/housing, transportation, medical needs and more. 

Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid
Monday, March 29, 2021 2:15 PM

MMLA's Youth Law Project offers free legal advice for youth 18 and under, and those 18-24 who are homeless, in high school. Connect with your Social Worker or call 612.746.3763 to get help with:

  • DOPA (Delegation of Parental Authority), which assigns parental rights of a minor to another person.
  • FInding protection from abuse, neglect.
  • Establishing teen parent rights.
  • Getting government ID documents.
  • Getting immigration documents.
  • Other general legal questions.
Contribute to the South High Emergency Fund
Monday, March 29, 2021 2:10 PM

We are able to address immediate needs of our students thanks to the generosity of our community. We appreciate your support

Students without housing have rights
Monday, March 29, 2021 1:55 PM

We advocate for the rights of students and families provided in the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. Connect with us. 

Page 1 of 2 (15 items)