MPSHome Alumni Calendar Contact
Credit Recovery

When a student fails a course (earns an F letter grade or a NC), they do not earn any credit for that course. There are certain courses (or credits) that are required for graduation.  If a student fails to earn credit in one of these courses, the student will need to make up those credits through one of the credit recovery options below:

-ALC  (an online, after-school credit recovery program that happens during the school year)
-Summer School (an in-person school program that happens over the summer months) 
-Winter or Spring Break Academies (an in-person school program that may happen over Winter or Spring Breaks, may not be offered every school year)

If you have further questions: 

-To determine if you need credit recovery: see your School Counselor or Case Manager (if you have an IEP your Case Manager works with your School Counselor and IEP team to determine graduation needs).
-To get help with the credit recovery program or ask questions about how credit recovery works: se your School Counselor.
-To learn more about Credit Recovery visit the MPS District website