MPS presents Lake Street project plans
Minneapolis Public Schools will present plans for a proposed new building on East Lake Street, Thursday, Oct. 6, 6 p.m. at the Land Use Committee Meeting of the Corcoran Neighborhood Organization - 3451 Cedar Ave S. Learn more.
PSAT registration EXTENDED to Oct. 26
Registration for the Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test/National Merit Qualifying Test has been extended to Wednesday, Oct. 26. Juniors and sophomores, this is your chance for possible scholarships and prep for tests required for entrance at most colleges. See details.
Picture retake day is Oct. 10
Photos for retakes, new orders or for those who didn't sit previously for a photo i.d.,
Monday, Oct. 10 | 8 a.m.-noon | In the auditorium
● Students, getting retakes, must bring the package they want replaced.
● Students, who ordered but didn't receive a package, should call 1-866-955-8342.
● Students, who didn't previously order, may still order photo packages.
Conferences set for mid-October/mid-February
No appointment necessary. Plan now for parent-teacher conferences!
● Fall conferences: Tuesday, Oct. 18, 4 - 8 p.m.; and Wednesday, Oct. 19, 8 a.m. - noon.
● Winter conferences: Thursday, Feb. 16, 4 - 8 p.m.; and Friday, Feb. 17, 8 a.m. - noon.
MN Secretary of State Simon visits South
Taking notice that South High was the first school to sign up for 2016 Student Votes, MN Secretary of State Steve Simon paid a visit to South High and highlighted National Voter Registration Day, Tuesday, Sept. 27. Read more.
Get financially ready for college
Financial Literacy Night: Thursday, Oct. 6, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
● Seniors | 5:30 Dinner | 6:15 12th grade Presentation | +Optional FSA session
● Freshman | 5:30 Dinner | 6:15 9th grade Presentation | +Optional FSA session
Don't miss important messages!
South High students, did you know you can update your email address to the one you use most often? A.k.a the one that makes your phone buzz! Do this so you won't miss news about school, grades, graduation or career & college opportunities. Here's how to update.